Invest Lisboa is Lisbon’s investment agency. Set up in 2009, Invest Lisboa is the result of a strategic partnership between Lisbon’s City Council and the Portuguese Chamber of Commerce and Industry, aiming to attract investment, companies and talent. It is also supported by the Portuguese Trade and Investment Agency (aicep Portugal Global) and sponsored by Baía do Tejo.
Your personal data are processed by Invest Lisboa, a registered trademark of the Portuguese Chamber of Commerce and Industry (CCIP), a non-profit association granted public interest status and headquartered at Rua das Portas de Santo Antão, 89, 1169-069 Lisboa, TIN 500032211.
Invest Lisboa is committed to protecting the privacy of all visitors to its website, as well as customers’ and partners’ who contact it by other means, in accordance with the principles, rules and procedures set in applicable legislation.
All information provided to Invest Lisboa, through its website or otherwise, will be treated with the utmost care and confidentiality and will never be transferred to third parties without prior consent on a case-by-case basis.
Invest Lisboa / CCIP uses appropriate technical means and organisational measures to protect personal data against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage.
1. Who is responsible for personal data processing?
Invest Lisboa is responsible for processing the personal data of subjects who voluntarily provide this information.
2. How is personal data collection made?
The collection is made when the subject:
- fills out the Contact / Consent Form available on Invest Lisboa’s website;
- voluntarily provides this information by e-mail, during a meeting, event or telephone conversation.
3. What personal data are collected?
The subject transmits to Invest Lisboa personal data such as: contact details (name, e-mail address and / or contact phone number) and information related to the project he/she wants to implement and for which he/she requires the support of Invest Lisboa. The amount and detail of the information provided are determined by the data subject.
In each access to Invest Lisboa’s website and its contents, access data will also be recorded in a protocol. Each record includes the following data:
- The website from which Invest Lisboa’s website was visited;
- The IP address;
- The date / time of access;
- The visitor's request;
- The http response code;
- The amount of data transferred;
- Information about the browser and operating system used.
4. For which purpose(s) are the personal data collected for?
The legal principle applicable to the collection, processing and use of personal data by Invest Lisboa is the consent of the data subject.
Invest Lisboa uses personal data for the following purposes:
- replying to requests from data subjects for information or for sharing information;
- sending useful information concerning the project or industry of the data subject;
- sending information regarding investment / business opportunities;
- sending questionnaires (anonymous response) to assess Invest Lisboa’s services;
- sending questionnaires to clients for the collection of statistical information to assess the achievement of Invest Lisboa's strategic goals;
- sending newsletters covering, for example, Invest Lisboa’s activities, news about the city, investment / business opportunities, events;
- sending invitations to events.
Failure to provide contact details and / or refusal of consent makes it impossible for Invest Lisboa to reply to the requests received.
5. How are personal data processed?
Personal data collected are processed in strict compliance with existing legislation and stored in specific databases.
The length of time during which personal data are stored varies according to the purpose for which the information is processed.
Where there is no specific legal requirement, personal data shall be deleted when they are no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were voluntarily provided for and processed, if, in the meantime, consent has not been withdrawn.
6. Transfer of personal data to third parties
Invest Lisboa will only transfer personal data to third parties when:
- it is compelled to do so by legal provision and only in the exact measure of its obligations;
- when the data subject requests it or consents to it, expressly and voluntarily, on a case-by-case basis.
Personal data are processed only by Invest Lisboa within subcontracted platforms (e.g. e-mail marketing and CRM). In these cases, it is incumbent upon Invest Lisboa / CCIP to take the necessary steps to ensure that processors (platforms) respect and protect personal data, which are in its custody and responsibility.
7. What rights are guaranteed to data subjects?
The data subject may exercise his/her rights of access, rectification or erasure or restriction of personal data, in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation, by written message sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
To change the consent submitted to Invest Lisboa, the data subject may resubmit the Contact / Consent form, selecting the desired options. The last Consent Form submitted will prevail over the previous ones.
To withdraw consent, the data subject must send a written message to email@example.com. However, this right does not compromise the lawfulness of the processing based on prior consent.
Personal data are stored on the protected servers of Invest Lisboa’s / CCIP's service providers / suppliers and is accessed and used exclusively under its policies and procedures (or equivalent policies and procedures of its suppliers / service providers).
While it is impossible to guarantee that there will be no intrusions, Invest Lisboa / CCIP and its suppliers / service providers will make every effort to implement and maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect personal data in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation, such as:
- password protected and limited access to personal data based on the need-to-know principle, within the scope of consented purposes;
- monitoring of accesses to the IT systems to avert, detect and prevent the misuse of recorded personal data.
These security measures will be reviewed and updated according to needs, technological developments and legal requirements.
If a security breach is found to cause an accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure of or access to personal data, Invest Lisboa / CCIP shall notify the supervisory authority and the data subject of the fact.
Invest Lisboa recommends that its customers and partners adopt additional security measures, including the maintenance of equipment (PCs or mobile devices), the use of properly updated and configured software, measures against malicious programmes (e.g. anti-virus and anti-spyware software), use of firewalls and avoid browsing websites of dubious reputation or for which offer no guarantees of authenticity. It also recommends the physical protection of equipment and to avoid submitting access credentials in publicly accessible computers (e.g. Internet cafes, hotels, etc ...).
9. Links to other websites
A cookie is a small piece of data that a website asks the browser to store on the subject’s computer or mobile device. The cookie allows the website to "remember" actions or preferences over time.
To prevent cookies from being stored or to ensure that previously stored cookies are deleted, browsers must be set for this purpose. For more information on how to do this, data subjects should refer to the instructions on blocking and deleting cookies using the help function of the browser used, or contact the manufacturer of the software.
11. Submitting a complaint to the supervisory authority
If you have any questions regarding the use of your personal data by Invest Lisboa, you can write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may also request, under the terms of the General Data Protection Regulation, that:
- additional information about Invest Lisboa's use of your personal data is made available;
- a copy of the personal data provided to Invest Lisboa is made available;
- the personal data you provided to Invest Lisboa are transferred to a third party(s);
- the correction of any inaccuracies in personal data processed by Invest Lisboa;
- personal data which is no longer legitimate or relevant is erased.
If you are unhappy with how Invest Lisboa processed your personal data or answered any of these requests, you may contact:
CCIP’s Data Protection Officer through email@example.com
complain to the supervisory authority:
Comissão Nacional de Protecção de Dados (CNPD)
Rua de São Bento, nº 148-3º, 1200-821 Lisboa
Tel: 351 213928400 | Fax: +351 213976832
Last updated: 05/23/2018
You can fill out here the CONSENT FORM